Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas Tree Experiment

While I was off on vacation in December I was able to play with one of the products I've been anxious to use from the store. Silks are an acrylic glaze that work on a multitude of materials, paper, wood, fabric and clay are just a few of them.

I bought a couple of Melissa Frances embellishments from the store and thought the Silks would be perfect. Here is a picture of the wreath because I forgot to take a picture of the tree before I started my experiment.


The Silks come in an array of colors. The store has a good selection of them plus they come in 35 colors. These glazes have mica in them which make them have the perfect sheen to them, not too shiny and not too dull. Here are the colors I chose from to paint the Christmas tree embellishment.

I used a paintbrush to put the base color of green on the tree and then colored the presents and ribbons. I did go back and put a second coat of the green to give it some depth.

Here's a more detailed shot of the tree.


This is just one of the many ways you can use the Silks with the Melissa Frances embellishments. There are an array of embellishments from this line which include frames, flowers, birds, flourishes and many more. Stop in the store to see what is in stock.

Susan C.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! We hope to see you soon for a visit!