Friday, November 29, 2013

Gifts from your heart and your hands

As the holiday season rushes towards us like a runaway train, it is easy to fall into the Stress Trap. You know- the constant worry about gifts and costs that can rob us of the joys of the season. We deny ourselves the soothing pleasure of crafting so we have more time to shop and wrap and spend and worry. Well, it's time to break that ugly circle.

Handmade gifts are the answer! Everyone loves (and admires) gifts made by hand. They are so much more thoughtful and meaningful than a store-bought item. Usually hand-made gifts are less expensive and the time spent crafting them is pleasant and therapeutic. So, get out your gift list and spend a little happy time on Pinterest gathering great ideas.  Bring back the joy and meaning of the season (and lower your stress level at the same time). 

Here's a thought to inspire you. I never attend a holiday party without bring a hostess gift. I generally bring wine which I "wrap" in a store-bought wine gift bag. This year, I have decided to skip the bag and  try something different. Using Viva Decor and Art Anthology paints, I altered this bottle of wine as a hostess gift. Tip- using a sponge to "pounce" dimensional paint onto the bottle gives it a cool rough surface. I glued on snowflake gems, and used my Craft-Dee-Bowz to make a glamorous bow. It was quick, it was easy, it was fun...and it is sure to make a splash at the holiday party next week! 

Now take a moment to think.....what could YOU being doing instead of fighting crowds at the mall! Please share your tips and ideas here, so we can all have more enjoyment of the season!


3 comments:

  1. Weird. It told me I had to pick a profile before it would let me publish. Now I've published twice and it is actually 4:30, ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! We hope to see you soon for a visit!