Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Gifts

My neighbor, Barb, just transformed a plain canvas tote bag into a work of art as a gift to me. I love this! Barb knows that I am a cat fan and that I adore bling. (And she has seen me hauling my junk in tote bags everywhere I go!). So, she took the time to craft a gift that she knew would make me smile. And it most definitely did. Over and over.
This gift served to remind me of one of the main reasons I became so addicted to crafting- it's not just the fun of crafting itself, it is the special blessing of having the ability to make someone else feel good. Barb's gift reminded me of how wonderful it can feel to receive a gift or card that was specifically designed and hand crafted for you alone. When you get such an item, you really feel the love.
So, I am grateful to Barb for the lovely gift, and I am also grateful to Barb for helping me to get back to that special crafting feeling. I will be spending some quality time at my craft desk today, and when I do, it will not just be about entertainment. It will also be about love, and kindness and the greatest gift- the gift of being able to make someone else feel good.
 Some gifts you can hold, and some gifts you can feel.
 Thanks, Barb!
                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! We hope to see you soon for a visit!