Friday, July 18, 2014

Magnetic platform + metal wafer thin die = perfection


Sizzix came out with a magnetic platform and I had been wanting it for months.
I have the 'genius' magnetic platform with self healing mats from Lifestyle Crafts so I didn't know if I should get yet another platform.
I broke down and bought the Sizzix magnetic platform and I am so glad that I made such a terrific purchase. I like the genius platform with the self healing mats for diecutting paper but if you have a specific portion of a piece of patterned cardstock it's not the best because the mats are opaque. The sandwich you make is platform + die + paper + mat. The platform is on the bottom the die is cutting side up since you don't want to cut into the platform which means you have to turn your paper facedown. This makes it difficult to place the paper exactly where you need it.

The Sizzix magnetic platform sandwich is platform + clear cutting plate + paper + die + clear cutting plate. Since there is a clear cutting plate between on top of base platform you can put paper down and place the die cutting side down exactly in the place you want it. The magnets in the platform are strong so the dies stay where you put them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! We hope to see you soon for a visit!