Sunday, November 11, 2012

Conversation Starters...


KEPT Creations Treasures.

Yesterday, my other half was out of town, leaving me to just hang around all day.  I had already signed up for Kristin's Quick Creation (more on that in a bit) which started at 10:00 am. So I just decided to anchor my untethered self down to KC for the day and spend some quality time soaking in the creativity and getting some inspiration.  You know, it had probably been a whole 12 hours since I had been there. I was certain that all sorts of new stuff was going on, and that I was missing it.

I spent a little time poking around the store checking out all of the little treasures. I was on a treasure hunt as it were.  There really are so many delightful things to look at.  Just look at the collage above and that is just a 1 minute turn around the store... Hmmm perhaps a new series is being born as I type... Treasure Hunt.  I like it.  You just might see it again.  

Just look at this adorable tree... 
psst... you can learn to make this, Maria's teaching a class; "Oh, Christmas Tree."!

or how about this little steampunk sweety ...
She was the winner from the Clothes Pin Contest this past September.

  or

Some fabulous inchies...  For sure some of the best things do come in little packages.
  

KC is all about embracing your creative side. I just love it.

As I mentioned before, I took Kristin's Quick Creation... I had so much fun.  I had never really worked with Ice Resin before.  It is really quite easy and the results are stunning... just look!  I know my niece is going to love it and I think her mother might be so jealous I'll end up making one for her too.  Keep an eye for these Quick Creations.  They are so much fun, and who doesn't love near instant gratification!?  Also, Kristin's classes are so great.  Learning to make some truly original and stunning wearable art.  Just so cool.  
Steampunk pendant made using Ice Resin.  
I've only begun to scratch the surface of the wonderful Kept Treasures. Not just the stuff, but the people too... Kristin, Susan, Maria, Donna, Chris, Nancy, Sara, Nicole and OF COURSE THE PINK HAIRED MUSE... Kim.  Definitely check out their work and their classes each one is so inspiring, and has her own unique style.  There is truly something for everyone. 

So lets get the conversation started... What is the newest thing you've tried in your creations?  

As I mentioned, I just used Ice Resin for the first time. The gears are all ready turning in my head (pun totally intended) as to the many ways I can use this product and all the great little gifts I can make with it.   

Drop me a comment, and let me know the fun stuff you're trying out.  I'm always looking to learn something new.

Oh and why not subscribe to the blog? Then you can always be part of the conversation.

Until later, all. 
la.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Kate!
    I love the tour hunt :)
    I'm working on kids classes for January and checking out snow in a bottle...how could they not enjoy working with that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit snow in a bottle sounds very fun! I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer wine in my bottle. And when it is empty, I can ALTER it!!! Recently Patrick was kind enough to empty a cute little whiskey bottle for me (isn't he just the nicest guy????). I "altered " it and loved the results. Had such a good time, I did another one. I am going to bring the second one in to KC. I am jealous that other folks have their bottles on display.
    So, speaking of altering, there is a rumor going around that the "KC Collage Crowd" will be altering nutcrackers this month. COUNT ME IN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Chris! You are right. I found wooden blank nutcrackers for us all to alter!!! The more the merrier!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! We hope to see you soon for a visit!