Sunday, November 11, 2012

loveaphid: Sayin' Hello.

Hi!, everyone.  First let me introduce myself. I am Kate, a.k.a loveaphid. That weird looking icon at the left is the loveaphid. One day my husband and I were watching a Nature episode about ants and aphids.  Being goofy I reached over to him and squeezed him and said I am your aphid of love. That morphed to loveaphid. Its a silly story and not all that exciting. But the nickname stuck and so there it is.  I am a teacher, shopper and loiterer at KEPT Creations (gonna call it KC from now on, if you don't mind).  I spend a lot of time hanging out and absorbing the inspiration that is all around me at KEPT.  I tend to work in the less perfect mediums; felting, rubber stamp carving, collage, art journaling and the like but I've been known to throw a card into the mix here and there.  I love miniature anything and inchies are a favorite for that reason.  In the immortal words of Bart Simpson, "I do what I like."  Kim has granted me permission to do a little rambling on her blog.  I am excited, because now I have a chance to share some of the super creative things that other KC fans, teachers and I are doing.  I also get to do fun things like; share designs with you, tell you about my trials and errors with new techniques, highlight the new stuff KC offers and give you some peeks from around the store from my perspective.  (there is always some little treasure I hadn't noticed before.) I hope to create some connections, host some challenges, do a meme here and there and most of all; just have some fun.  So lets start a crafting conversation here at KEPT Creations Blog.  Get to know each other, create a crafting community here and in this wonderful store that so many of us call our creative home. Oh and the more the merrier.  If you know someone who might want to join in, by all means, invite them by.  After all, art is about sharing.  So all are welcome.   I look forward to seeing you around KEPT creations, here in BloggyLand and out there is the real world.

Until Later, all.
la.



1 comment:

  1. Charming story! Loveaphid....so much sweeter that what I imagine my ex is calling me these days! Just kidding! We parted amicably though I do recall seeing a look of bliss on his face when the humongous Uhaul truck arrived to clear out the craft room....! I have a much nicer craft room now and it has lots more space to fill with goodies from KC.
    My favorite goodies include those to-die-for enamel powders from Piccolo. Yummy! I am hooked on all those awesome Piccolo charms and shrines, too. I love Coffee Break Designs products, though I REALLY want to know the real story behind the warning on the package that says "not for use in Pinatas".....I kid you not.
    Anyway, I digress. What I intended to say, dear Aphid, is that your felted penguin is absolutely adorable and I am going to try to get out of working that Sunday to take your class!
    CD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! We hope to see you soon for a visit!